Personal, social and health education (PSHE) and citizenship enables children to become healthy, independent and responsible members of society.
We encourage our pupils to play a positive role in contributing to the life of the school and the wider community.
In so doing we help develop their sense of self worth. We teach them how society is organised and governed. We ensure that they experience the process of democracy in school through the School Council.
The aims of personal, social and health education and citizenship are to enable the children to:
- know and understand what constitutes a healthy lifestyle;
- be aware of safety issues;
- understand what makes for good relationships with others;
- have respect for others;
- be independent and responsible members of the school community;
- be positive and active members of a democratic society;
- develop self-confidence and self-esteem, and make informed choices regarding personal and social issues;
- develop good relationships with other members of the school and the wider community.
As a Catholic School, this framework will be implemented in the light of our mission statement with Christianity at the centre of our approach.