Extended School Activities
How it works
Each term we offer new sessions to every child in Years 1 - 6. If you are interested in an activity, you will have the opportunity to select your choices at the beginning of each term. You will then be notified if your child has secured a place, or added to the waiting list for when a place becomes available. Where an activity becomes oversubscribed, names will be drawn at random. In the event that your child is unsuccessful this term, they will be given priority next time.
Places and Payment
All activities offered must either be accepted or declined with 48 hours or it will be withdrawn.
Payment must be in advance. Parents/Carers will be given a reminder either by phone or text from the office. Failure to pay after this reminder may result in your child being taken out of the activity and their place offered to someone on the waiting list.
Children will remain ineligible to receive a place at another paid activity while a debt from a previous club remains unpaid.
Please note that most of our teachers/coaches are from outside agencies who must be paid in advance.
Our full Debt Policy can be viewed here.
Refunds will only be given in the event that a session cannot be fulfilled by the activity lead or school.
Free School Meal Entitlement
Please note that children in receipt of benefit related free school meals, the school will pay for one activity per child. Costs for any additional activities must be met by the parent/carer (we will always cover the cost of the most expensive activity).
If you feel you may be entitled to the Free School Meals grant, or are struggling to pay, please contact the office to discuss your options. This does not include the government's Free School Meals scheme for KS1 children.
Tax Free Childcare and Childcare Vouchers
Please contact the office for more information.
At St Thomas Becket School we aim to offer a range of extended school activities for children in Years 1 - 6.
With regard to Health and Safety Regulations and in light of Child Protection Guidelines, please note the following points which apply to all Extended School Activities (ESAs):
- Children should wear their school PE kit and trainers/plimsolls for all sports clubs;
- Parents/Carers must ensure children do not bring mobile phones or electronic games to ESAs as these are not permitted in school;
- Parents and carers are to collect, or arrange for their child/ren to be collected, from ESAs promptly. Persistent lateness may result in the child/ren being withdrawn from any future activities.
- If you wish to give permission for any named person other than yourself to collect your child at the end of the activity, please do when completing the registration form or by informing the school office in writing;
- Expectations of behaviour will be as high as during normal school hours. Failure to comply could result in your child/ren being withdrawn from any future activities.
- Activity fees, in general, are to be paid in full and in advance of an activity.