From 1st January 2023
Salary scale L11- L24
Number on roll 412
St Thomas Becket Catholic Primary School is a successful, oversubscribed, diverse and outward looking school, in the Archdiocese of Southwark. We are rightly proud of the heritage, ethos and culture of our distinctive Catholic school. Setting high expectations and aspirations for all our pupils, in a well maintained and welcoming building, the school has a well-developed holistic curriculum with consistently high outcomes for all children.
Our children are caring, enthusiastic, hardworking and eager to learn. Our staff are committed professionals with a passion for continued improvement and a love of teaching. Following the decision of the current acting Headteacher to retire after 16 years, the Governors are looking to recruit an inspirational and effective leader to take St Thomas Becket onto the next stage of our journey.
This individual, as a practising Catholic, must have:
- A passion for the education of the whole child, through a broad, rich curriculum
- Ability to translate Gospel values into action in all aspects of the life of the school
- Achievement of all pupils, regardless of background, ethnicity or starting point, as a primary driver.
- A distinctive vision of Catholic education in the 21st century
- An understanding and commitment to developing the links between home, school, parish and the wider local community.
- A track record in working as senior leadership in the primary sector
WE ARE LOOKING FOR A LEADER WHO:
- Is a practising Catholic with a strong personal faith
- Can continue to develop the Catholic life and culture of the school and has a clear understanding of, and commitment to, Catholic education in the Parish and Diocese
- Is ambitious and has high expectations of achievements for pupils and staff along with the personal skills to inspire this in others
- Can demonstrate initiative, drive, integrity, and excellent communication skills.
- Is forward thinking and has the vision and creativity to drive continuous improvement
- Is open to new opportunities and challenges
- Is committed to working collaboratively with pupils, staff, governors, parents/carers, and with the Parish, local and wider communities
IN RETURN, WE CAN OFFER:
- A welcoming community of enthusiastic, happy, and well-behaved children
- A team of experienced, dedicated, and hardworking staff who are supportive of each other and are committed to their continuing professional development
- A knowledgeable and experienced Governing Board that understands the role of the Head Teacher and provides support and challenge
- A vibrant and encouraging environment for learning
- A strong working partnership with other schools in the Diocese and LA
- A commitment to support your continuous professional development
- The benefits of having extensive support and collaboration across our Umbrella Trust schools
We are committed to the welfare of the children in our care and we expect all staff and volunteers to share our commitment to safeguarding. We follow safer recruitment practices and all appointments are subject to satisfactory enhanced DBS clearance and references.
CVs will not be accepted.
We invite you to arrange a visit to the school by contacting Rebecca Eastmond – email@example.com – who will be happy to arrange a suitable date and time.
Applications to be received by Tuesday 28 June 2022 – no later than 17:00.
Please note that upon receipt of applications, references will be requested so as to be available at shortlisting.
School based assessment and interviews will be held on week commencing 4 July 2022.
Application and information packs can be downloaded below.