Although all committee members are responsible for the management of funds, the
Treasurer has the important role in helping everyone to carry out these duties
properly. There is no limit to the number of persons that undertakes this role, however as a
registered charity there is a requirement to have a named individual.
- To keep accurate financial records this can be as follows but not limited to:
- Record all payments received and paid out , including al the donations gifted by STBSA to the school
- To present a financial report at first academic meeting annually
- Liaising with the bank and holding the cheque book.
- Ensuring the proper counting and banking of money and making approved payments.
- Paying agreed expenses.
- Providing and accounting for cash floats at events.
- Managing money at events.
- To prepare and present the annual accounts for reporting and review to the school leadership and the STBSA