Parent Governor Elections
The role of a school governor is extremely important and many essential decisions about this school are taken by our Governing Board. School Governors work together with the school leadership team to continually improve the education for every child at our school. Our school governors have 3 core functions. They:
- Ensure the clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction of our school;
- Hold the head teacher to account for the educational performance of our school and its pupils, and the performance management of staff; and
- Oversee the financial performance of our school and make sure its money is well spent.
We have 2 vacancies for parent governors and I have received nominations from 6 parents who are willing to become parent governors. I hope you will vote in the election to select 2 new parent governors. The new governors will serve for 4 years.
A ballot paper has been sent out via your child’s book bag. Personal statements from the candidates are available to view via the website and the link to these has been texted to all parents. Please read the personal statements linked on this page carefully and bearing in mind the role of the school governor, please vote for up to 2 governors by writing an ‘X’ next to their name.
Each parent is entitled to one vote per vacancy, regardless of how many children they have at the school.
Please return your ballot form to the school by 10.00am on Thursday 8 November. You can either:
- Bring it to the school and post it in the ballot box in the school office; or
- Post it to the school; or
- Arrange for your child to bring it to school and post it in the ballot box.
Votes will be counted on Friday 9 November and the result will be announced as soon as possible.
I hope you will decide to vote as the governing board is very important in the decision making of the school.